Ackermann Chiropractic Course in Crete
Holistic Physio Courses in collaboration with Sweden Ackermann College of Chiropractic will host the Structural Osteopathy and Soft Chiropractic course. This is a 6-day training course scheduled to take place in Chania (Crete) and comprises two 3-day workshops, the first taking place on 23-25 November 2018 and the second on 15-17 March 2019.
Course Instructor: George Tsoukalas – Kotsiris, PT, DO.
Eligibility: Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Medical Doctors.
Cost of Attendance: €950 for each 3-day course.
The course fee includes 24% VAT. Invoices or receipts will be issued accordingly upon request.
Certification: Upon completion of the second 3-day course, the participants shall receive a Certificate in Structural Osteopathy and Soft Chiropractic signed by G. Tsoukalas – Kotsiris, PT, DO and P.W. Ackermann MD, PhD.
Registration: The eligible participants can register and finalise their attendance only after remitting the advance payment for this course in the following account:
ΙΒΑΝ: GR29 0172 7650 0057 6508 5950 945
Beneficiary: Ioannis Gouverakis
The remaining amount should be remitted in the aforementioned bank account the latest 3 days prior to the course starting date and only after having received a confirmation email or sms. The course will be confirmed only if the minimum number of participants will have remitted the advanced payment until 31 October 2018.
You are kindly requested to indicate your name and surname, as well as the seminar you are interested in when you conduct a bank transfer.
Advance Payment: The advance payment for the Ackermann Structural Osteopathy and Soft Chiropractic course amounts to €-200. If the course is cancelled by Holistic Physio Courses, the advance payment shall be immediately refunded to the participants (this is the only case in which the advance payment can be refunded, since the advance payment guarantees participation in the course).
Course Language: Greek with simultaneous interpretation into English, if needed.
Venue: Physiotherapy Clinic of Ioannis Ι. Gouverakis, 112 El. Venizelou St. & Iroon Politechniou St., Chania, Crete, Greece
Tips: The participants are kindly requested to purchase their tickets and proceed to pay any other expenses related to the aforementioned course, only after the course has been confirmed.
Contact Details: Ioannis Gouverakis PT, DO, MSc
Tel.: +30 28210 51797
Mob.: +30 6974 641282
Facebook: Holistic Physio Courses
Information about Ackermann College of Chiropractic:
Ackermann College of Chiropractic was founded in 1974 by Dr. W. P. Ackermann, DC, DN, HP in Stockholm, Sweden. During its 44 years, Ackermann College has certified more than 4,500 health professionals in the Ackermann method all around the world. Today, the College is run by the son of the founder, Paul W. Ackermann MD, PhD, Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery.
In establishing Ackermann College it was the founder’s wish to share his knowledge and disseminate a holistic chiropractic method. This method would enable the health professionals specialized in the Ackermann method to directly and effectively treat patients with various conditions on the basis of the biomechanical model. More specifically, an Ackermann therapist should be able to quickly recognise the imbalances in the patient’s body, as well as the ineffective compensations their body has made. Then, by applying chiropractic manipulations not only to the affected area but also to other relevant areas elsewhere on the body that are compensating for the original point of stress, the therapist should release the tension maintaining the dysfunctional model in the patient and create the conditions for effective self-healing that will naturally result from the therapist’s intervention.
Information about the Ackermann Method
The Ackermann Chiropractic Method is taught as a clinical post-graduate course to health professionals who are experts in anatomy and physiology such as medical doctors, physiotherapists and osteopaths.
Initially, the participants will be taught the biomechanical assessment which the Ackermann method relies on (medical history, radiology, physical examination) and learn to evaluate the reported affected body regions not only partially but in combination with their most likely compensations. Throughout the course, various chiropractic techniques will be taught for all body regions, which can be used to correct the dysfunctions and imbalances of the body.
5 Reasons to Attend the Ackermann Chiropractic Course:
- Emphasis on Practical Skill: Small teaching groups with 80% practical work. The objective is that the participants will be able to apply what they were taught immediately after the course with the greatest possible efficiency.
- Holistic Approach based on the biomechanical model: The Ackermann method is not a mere compilation of various techniques, but rather a methodical biomechanical evaluation accompanied by a customised treatment using selected techniques. Participants are taught specific patterns for the most possible biomechanical compensations related to particular dysfunctions.
- Keep It Simple: The complex chiropractic curriculum is explained in a simple manner (biomechanics, radiology, diagnosis, pathology, etc.), focusing on the most important principles.
- Extensive Experience: The teaching is based on 44 years of clinical experience and research.
- Continuing Training Aids: Dr. Ackermann’s book, DVDs and his constant publications will provide you with enough material for revision and further study.
The curriculum comprises the following:
- Spinal Cord Biomechanics: Indications and Contraindications
• Pelvis and Lumbar Spine
- Specialised Diagnosis: assessment, palpation, special tests
- Reflex Phenomena, Cause-Effect Chains
- The most effective therapeutic approaches and techniques
- Thoracic Spine, Shoulder Girdle.
- Lower Cervical Spine, Occipital – Atlas – Axis region: mild and highly localized techniques
- Peripheral Joints
- Clinical Events, Differential Diagnosis
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Holistic Chiropractic Therapy.
Hippocrates in his book “About Joints” was the first to provide a definition of chiropractic and called the spine the centre of the overall body health. Nowadays, it is one of the available treatments for relieving and restoring musculoskeletal dysfunctions, such as back pain, sciatica, primary headache, migraine, etc.
Click below to watch a video demonstrating the Ackermann method: